Saturday, July 10, 2010

6 Months Later


So here I am again... with much shorter and darker hair... and a little slack I have been in keeping an up to date blog. So I'll give you all a little summary of the last six months as Mrs Fong, and also of the wonderful Mr Fong.


Lets start in the kitchen. As a seamstress and not a cook, things in my kitchen are not all it should be. Flopping Pavlovas, smoked apricot chicken, broken glass, frozen pies and slimy lettuce often get the better of me. It was better being single and eating rice and toast every night, being married means I have to feed a husband. My menu lists of apricot chicken, spag bol, curried snags, stir fry, and 2min noodles. Oh and of cause Matty's fav... meat pies!
So like my menu I don't really have anything exciting to write about being in the kitchen however, my spotty retro apron does brighten up my cooking experiences.

Married life is FANTASTIC and so much FUN. Matty is a wonderful friend and husband (even though his folding is a little off centre ) and we've had the best of times discovering each others weird and wonderful habits! I'm told I leave too many drinking glasses lying around and that I too often want my feet rubbed. But I can't work out why Matty has to store his daily vitamins behind the kitchen tap? And I don't like it when chairs aren't pushed in and he dislikes having old, off and mouldy food in the fridge. But we do love waking up together every morning.

In May just gone we experienced our first time apart since being married. I spent 4 days in Fiji on a work conference and 4 days was long enough.
Fiji is a lovely place with not much to see besides the beach however, its people are what make it such a friendly place to visit. Everyone is very relaxed and work on what they like to call "Fiji time" and to be honest, I'm not sure its time at all! The food is very bland and consists of manly boiled chicken. With another stamp in the passport my visit to Fiji was a pleasant one. 

Finally, June brought us to our mid year holiday together in Singapore. My eldest brother Jacob and his lovely wife Shirley live in Singapore and I suppose that would explain why it is my most visited overseas country. For the week we were there we visited museums, traditional markets, its huge shopping centres and the newly built Universal Studios. The highlight of the trip as always would be its abundance of local foods from its many different cultures. Our mid year holiday scores an 8/10.

...Married life so far.

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment