Sunday, September 22, 2013

Recipe :: Lemon Chicken Roast

Thought I'd share my chicken roast recipe with you all... Because it is so delicious! It has a subtle lemon flavour with a crispy skin and is tender and moist on the inside. Very yummy!

Ingredients

1 whole chicken
1 lemon halved
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil
Paprika
Rosemary

Method

Preheat oven to 220°c. Rinse chicken under cold water, including cavity. Pat dry with a paper towel. Squeeze one half of the lemon over chicken and rub into the skin. Put both halves of the lemon into the cavity along with the garlic and tie legs together.
Rub a small amount of oil into the chicken and season with paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper. In a normal oven cooking time should probably only take an hour but our oven (our dodgy oven) takes about 1 1/2hr to do a roast. I also rotate the baking dish half way through.

I bake veggies in a separate dish and, lightly coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and chilli flakes. I leave them to bake for as long as the chicken takes but cover with foil for the first half of cooking time.

I make gravy using the juices and it gets a lovely lemon flavour.



2




2 comments:

  1. This looks simple and yummy! I've never tried cooking with a whole chicken, I'll have to try this! Love the photo too! :)

    Blessings,
    Nicole @ WKH

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be daunting at first I must admit, but undoubtedly very rewarding after you've cooked your first whole chook! I hope you enjoy the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete