Monday, September 9, 2013

Are you up to the challenge?

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I posted a pic of some Batic fabric given to me by my brother. I was asking if anyone had any ideas of what I could make with it, other than using it for its usual purpose as a sarong. A fellow follower suggested making a 'pirate scarf'... that's right a pirate scarf, my thoughts exactly! 

I honestly don't think I could pull off the somewhat indie look but I feel a challenge worth attempting coming on. I suggested the style dare in a comment and in reply it was suggested that we take on this challenge for Sundays church wear?! Okay, so now it's not just a pirate scarf but I also have to sport it at church! I'm not going to use my new Batic fabric but I will take on the challenge. Anyone else up for it? 
Below are some examples of how a 'pirate scarf'is worn, for fashion not costume. 
On Sunday I will post my look and I'd love to see yours too! Post to Instagram and use #mamaessyfashiondare.

pinterest image
pinterest image
pinterest image



2




2 comments:

  1. I always forget to take a sarong to Bali so I end up buying new ones all the time. One of them has ended up as a head scarf :) but I've only worn it out a couple of times...you kind of need to be in the mood for it :) looking forward to Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can I expect to see you wearing a pirate scarce??

    ReplyDelete