Friday, October 11, 2013

I Quit Sugar :: Week 8 - the end!

Yeah baby... I completed a sugar detox! Sunday marked the last day of my 8 week sugar detox program and I am very proud to have taken on and conquered the challenge. I've thoroughly enjoyed taking on a new approach to the way I cook and bake, I have certainly reaped the rewards. 
Having been a vegetarian before I know what it means to be creative with meals minus the meat but never sweets/deserts minus the sugar. I am continuing to apply some of the detox 'rules' to my everyday eating. Doing the detox wasn't only to empty my body of 'junk' and sugar but also to reeducate myself on eating healthy again, to become 'sugar wise'. 
I would highly recommend the program to anyone.




2




2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! It's a huge and confronting challenge to take on, but neverless a POSSIBLE one. And you did it, hurrah!! :)

    P.S. LOOOOOOOVE your new blog layout!!! Did you do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it, I did it, I did it! Yes it was very confronting and a huge eyeopener.
      Thanks for the [blog] compliment. I've been looking for a layout that I'd be happy with and found this one on Etsy. Of course I'd be even happier if I could build my own exactly the way I imagine it... but my skill doesn't extend to that level haha.

      Delete